a blog that sparks interest, dazzles and amazes

Monday, April 19, 2010

M. Scott Hove’s “Cakeland”

I first saw Scott Hove's work in Hi-Fructose magazine. I was instantly a fan. I have always loved sculpture made of unusual stuff.... and this certainly falls in that category. This show is at the La Luz Gallery in Los Angeles until May 2nd. They have recently expanded their gallery and this show features a piece you can actually walk into! yaaayyy!

Here’s a blurb from his interview in Hi-Fructose Magazine:
The cake sprung from a weird fascination I have always had with fake food. I used to collect fake food, fake fires, ice cubes, etc. These objects have spectacularly absurd existence, are utterly fake, and people see them strictly for their illusion, not for what they are. I celebrate this absurd illusion with the cakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment